TO ORDER THIS LOCOMOTIVE CALL US ON 0191 4693796 ANYTIME. WE HAVE ONE RESERVED IN BATCH NUMBER ONE FOR JULY 2019.
Having been in secret development since early 2017 the David Lloyd George/Dafydd Lloyd George will represent another leap in scale model engineering at Roundhouse.
David Lloyd George was the fourth locomotive to be built by the Festiniog Railway Company in its own workshops at Boston Lodge and the sixth FR Double Fairlie. It was completed in 1992 as a modern locomotive but with a traditional outline. As originally built it burned fuel oil and was running on a pair of old bogies with some parts dating back to the Victorian era. It has recently been rebuilt with coal firing and a pair of brand new bogies to the latest specification.
Developed and tested over the course of two years, David Lloyd George represents another leap in precision model engineering. Featuring a wealth of detail, coupled with our legendary reliability, this locomotive will be the pride of any garden railway.
Price - £4100 (incl.VAT)
Technical specifications for the David Lloyd George.
- Minimum 3ft radius curves required.
- Available in either 32mm or 45mm gauge. The gauge is unadjustable, please state preference when ordering.
- Inside framed 0-4-4-0T chassis with four double acting slide valve cylinders operated by Roundhouse inside valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancers fitted as standard.
- Insulated wheels available at additional cost.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valves, 1/2" pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Highly detailed lost wax castings.
- Two channel radio control fitted as standard for both speed and direction.
- Water top up system and water gauge fitted as standard.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FA’ type burners.
- Rechargable battery pack and charger supplied.
- Dimensions (loading gauge): Length - 501mm over buffers, width 108mm, height 135mm, weight 5.7kg.
- Supplied with etched brass works plates.
- Available in any Standard Roundhouse Colour, shown here in Crimson Lake - BS473 (current WHR livery as verified by Boston Lodge Works).